The causes of condensation within our homes
Through the daily routine of showers, baths, boiling kettles, cooking, drying clothes and breathing a family of 4 will contribute approximately 4 pints of water per person a day.
That is equal to over 100 pints of water vapour a week, which has to end up somewhere.
Before the days of double glazing, wall and loft insulation this humid, stale air would find its escape route through ill-fitting windows and doors, lofts and so on. It would be replaced by fresher, colder air or to you and me - a draught!
Today, after the introduction of energy saving measures such as draught proofing, double glazing and cavity wall insulation there is no natural escape route for this stale, humid air, which is now trapped inside the home.
As a result, this trapped and stale air only makes the problem worse, causing condensation on windows, walls and poor indoor air quality.
Condensation Prevention – Positive Input Ventilation
Positive Input Ventilation is the most effective method of curing and preventing condensation dampness. Installed in over 1 million homes, PIV is the UK’s most popular method of low-energy, whole-home ventilation.
Trusted by social housing providers, new build developers and private landlords as a cost-effective, whole-house system that really prevents condensation and black mould.
PIV Fas are a fit-and-forget technology which requires minimal energy to run and minimum effort to maintain. The PIV fan works by gently introducing fresh, filtered air into the dwelling ensuring that old, contaminated moisture laden air is continuously diluted, displaced and replaced with good quality air.
The result is improved air quality and a healthy living environment in which condensation cannot exist.
Features & Benefits
- Cures condensation dampness - Reduces the humidity, curing condensation dampness and preventing mould growth
- Improved indoor air quality and healthy living environment- Indoor pollutants from cooking and cleaning, as well as outdoor pollutants including traffic fumes, pollen and Radon gas are eradicated from the home
- Filter change indicator – To ensure optimum performance is maintained
- Very low maintenance - Filter clean or replacement every five years
- Extremely energy efficient - System goes into standby during warmer months when there is no evidence of condensation
- Health benefit - Clinically proven to help allergy and asthma sufferers
- Meets Regulations - Meets Part F & L of Building Regulations as a low-energy ventilation strategy